August 22, 2020 at the administration building of Khon Kaen Science Park – Khon Kaen University led by Prof. Dr. Thidarat Boonmas, Vice President for Innovation and Enterprise; Dr. Apirachai Wongsriworapol, Director of Northeast Science Park; Assoc. Prof. Dr. Withaya Amornkitbamrung, Acting Director of Research Institute for Nano-material Innovation for Energy, lecturers, researchers and staff members were asked by Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul, M.D., President of Khon Kaen University to welcome the delegates, the commission members of the parliament, and present the operations of KKU in research and development. Mr. Sattha Khochapalayuk, Vice Governor of Khon Kaen welcomed the delegation.
The Members of Parliament Commission in the visiting team were:
1) Mr. Anan Phonamnuay, Chairperson of the Commission
2) Mr. Sakda Khonphet, Vice Chairperson
3) Mr. Thitinan Saennak, Vice Chairperson
4) Mr. Chaiwattana Tinrat, Vice Chairperson
and 5) Mr. Iam Thongjaisod, Commission member.
The delegation also included the consultant team and academics of the commission. The visit was for the purpose of sharing the roles of representatives and the Commission in solving the public problems and exchanging opinions with governmental organizations, locating collaboration among representatives’ working groups as the national administrators for solution of people’s problems.
The Commission listened to the following 5 topics:
1) KKU’s implementation in education, research and in being a social-dedicating university by Prof. Dr. Thidarat Boonmas, Vice President for Innovation and Enterprise
2) The overall operations of Northeast Science Park by Dr. Apirachai Wongsriworapol, Director of Northeast Science Park
3) Khon Kaen Smart City Operational Centre (SCOPC) by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Wanida Kanarkard, Director of Khon Kaen University Library
4) Ion-Lithium Battery Pilot Factory for Electric Vehicles using rice husk by Assoc. Prof. Nonglak Meethong, Project leader
5) Biofuels and Biochemical product from Biomass Project by Prf. Dr. Alisara Ruangsaeng, Project leader
The delegation then visited Smart City operating center, Ion-Lithium Battery Pilot Factory and (Food Pilot Plant. Mrs. Wannisa Wongsampanno, Senior Manager of Science Park, showed the delegation around and explained about the services being offered. This study trip was the outcome of collaboration among the government sector, the education sector and the private sector for solving problems of the people and for driving forwards Thailand 4.0 policy based on the concept of BCG Economy, that will lead to sustainable economy.
News / Photos: Nattakan Odthon
[ Thai ]